DCP Flexseal PU440
DCP Flexseal PU440 is a one component, non sag polyurethane sealant – that cures by reacting with air humidity to form a tough, high modulus and highly elastic sealant. Flexseal PU440 has a very wide service temperature range. Suitable for vertical and horizontal joints.
Applications of Flexseal PU440
- General sealing of construction and expansion joints
- Basement walls
- Precast concrete elements
- For concrete, wood, marble, stone, aluminium, steel, ceramic, gypsum boards, etc.
- Very easy and economical to use
- One component
- Excellent ageing resistance
- Paintable – contact our technical department for more details
- High shore hardness characteristics
- Remain elastic at temperatures down to -30C
- Good resistance to micro organisms and a variety of chemicals
- Good adhesion to most surfaces without need of priming
All surfaces should be clean, dry, free from dust, oil, grease and any contamination’s that could effect the adhesion. If the substrate needs to be cleaned, use methyl ethyl ketone (MEK), acetone or grease remover. Always be sure that the substrate is dry prior to application.
Flexseal PU400 generally has strong adhesion to common clean, dry and sound substrates without primers. However, Flexprime PS100 can be used on porous substrates in order to achieve optimum bond strength.
For joints of porous substrates which will be continuously submerged in water, it is recommended to use Flexprime PS100.
Apply Flexseal PU440 within 10-30 minutes from the application of Flexprime PS100 at 23C.
The recommended application temperature range is 5C to 50C. For cold weather application, store the product in a heated area at 20C for 24 hours prior to use. Install polyethylene joint backing rod to control the sealant depth.
Tooling and finishing should be carried out immediately after the application of the sealant. For optimum performance, the ratio of width to depth of the sealant should be 2:1. Minimum sealant depth should however be 5mm.
All information on limitations, cleaning and storage can be found on the technical datasheet.
Not quite what you’re looking for? Click here to browse more of our Don Construction Product range.
Want to learn more about Don Construction Products? Click here to view more information.