Mapei Idrosilex – Powdered or liquid waterproofer for cementitious mortars
Mapei Idrosilex – Powdered or liquid waterproofer for cementitious mortars. Idrosilex is an admixture with a base of special waterproofing agents manufactured from a formula developed in the Mapei research laboratories. Idrosilex is available in both powder and liquid form.
When mixed with cement, sand, and water, Idrosilex produces an extremely compact mortar that is easy to apply with a trowel or rendering machine even on vertical walls. Mortar prepared with Idrosilex has less capillary porosity than conventional cement mortars or lime and cement mortars. The combination of the product’s waterproofing properties with an effective rendering system applied in several layers prevents continuity between pores and ensures thorough waterproofing even in the presence of counter-pressure.
- Easy to apply with a trowel or rendering machine
- Produces an extremely compact mortar
- Mortar prepared with Idrosilex has less capillary porosity than conventional mortars
Waterproofing concrete basements, cisterns, and canals, as well as concrete, brick, or stone walls exposed to atmospheric agents.
Some application examples:
- Waterproof screeds and renders in basements, garages and underground areas in general.
- Waterproof rendering for canals, swimming pools, etc.
- Waterproof rendering on building façades
- Waterproofing of lift wells and underpasses.
- Mortar prepared with Idrosilex forms a rigid waterproofing system and is therefore not recommended for:
- Replacing flexible waterproof membranes;
- Waterproofing structures subject to severe deformation under stress that may cause cracks to form;
- Waterproofing fresh concrete, or concrete still subject to plastic shrinkage
Not quite what you’re looking for? Click here to browse more of our Mapei range.
Want to see how Mapei Idrosilex Liquid and other Mapei products have been used? Click here to view a range of Mapei Projects.