Mapei Isolastic – Latex Additive
Mapei Isolastic – Latex Additive To Impart Elasticity to Cement Based Adhesives. Isolastic is a type of latex mixed into Kerabond, Kerabond T, Kerabond Plus and Adesilex P10, undiluted or diluted 1:1 with water. Mapei Isolastic is a very fluid, pinkish-white liquid composed of a water dispersion of an extremely elastic polymer, which, when mixed with cement based adhesives, improves adhesion to all substrates, deformability and impermeability, once hydration has taken place.
All substrates receiving Kerabond, Kerabond T, Kerabond Plus or Adesilex P10 + Isolastic must be flat, mechanically strong, free from loose parts, grease, oil, paint, wax, etc. Precast concrete elements or in situ concrete must be cured for at least 3 months in favourable weather conditions. Cementitious substrates must not be subject to shrinkage once the tiles have been installed, therefore in warm weather renders should be cured at least one week per centimetre of thickness. Cementitious screeds must have an overall cure of at least 28 days unless they have been made with the special MAPEI binders for screeds such as Mapecem, Mapecem Pronto, Topcem or Topcem Pronto. Surfaces that are too ho due to exposure to direct sunlight should be cooled by dampening them with water. Gypsum substrates and anhydrite screeds must be perfectly dry sufficiently hard and free from dust. They must always be treated with Primer G or Eco Prim T. Areas subject to extreme damp must be primed with Primer S.
ISOLASTIC + KERABOND, KERABOND T or KERABOND PLUS:
• Ceramic tiles over underfloor heating installations.
• Ceramic tiles and stone material for exteriors (swimming pools, balconies, terraces).
• All types of ceramic tiles, including slim tiles on façades.
• Ceramic tiles on precast concrete walls (load-bearing panels, precast bathrooms, walls in “tunnel” systems, etc.).
• Ceramic tiles on old flooring (ceramic, marble, terrazzo, wood, etc.).
• Ceramic tiles on asphalt screeds or substrates.
• Ceramic tiles on deformable substrates (gypsum-board panels, reinforced concrete, fibre-cement board, etc.).
• Large-sized tiles.
• Ceramic tiles on surfaces waterproofed with product for the Mapelastic line
Not quite what you’re looking for? Click here to browse more of our Mapei range.
Want to see how Mapei Isolastic and other Mapei products have been used? Click here to view a range of Mapei Projects.