Mapei Keraflex Maxi – High performance, deformable adhesive
Mapei Keraflex Maxi – High performance, deformable adhesive with extended open time and no vertical slip, for ceramic tiles with very low emission level of VOC. Especially suitable for the installation of large-size porcelain tiles and natural stone. Keraflex Maxi S1 is a grey or white powder composed of cement and fine graded sands. It contains high levels of synthetic resins and special additives and has been developed in MAPEI’s Research and Development Laboratories. A mortar with the following features is obtained when mixed with water:
- Low viscosity, therefore easily workable.
- Highly thixotropic: Keraflex Maxi S1 can be applied on a vertical surface without sagging or even with large or heavy tiles.
- Accomodates irregularities in substrate and tile. • Perfect adherence to all materials normally used in building.
- Hardens, even when very thicky applied, with minimal shrinkage.
- Extended open and adjustability time.
Mapei Keraflex Maxi Uses
- Interior and exterior bonding, up to 15 mm bed depth, of ceramic tiles (single and double fired tiles, porcelain tiles, klinker, terracotta, etc.) on uneven substrates and renders, without having to level beforehand.
- Interior and exterior bonding of stone materials (provided that they are not sensitive to moisture).
- Spot bonding of insulating material such as expanded polystyrene, rock and glass wool, Eraclit® (woodcement panels), sound-deadening panels, cork, etc.
Some application examples of Mapei Keraflex Maxi – High performance, deformable adhesive
- Bonding ceramic tiles (double-fired, single-fired, porcelain tiles, klinker etc.) and stone materials (provided that they are not sensitive to moisture) on conventional substrates such as: cementitious screeds and underfloor heating installations, cementitious renders or lime and cement- based mortar, gypsum board as long as firmly fixed –
- Tilling to timber where it’s screw fixed and rigid.
- Ceramic and natural stone tiles on existing flooring (ceramic, marble, etc.).
- Installation of floors subjected to heavy traffic. • Installation of floor and wall coverings on substrates waterproofed with Mapelastic.
- Interior and exterior bonding of tiles or strips (porcelain tiles, klinker, single-fired, terracotta) with highly profiled ribs or lugs.
Do not use Keraflex Maxi S1 in the following cases:
- On metal, rubber, PVC and linoleum surfaces.
- With marble and natural stone slabs subject to efflorescence or stains.
- With natural or artificial stone material slabs subject to moisture expansion.
- On precast concrete or subject to strong movement.
- When surfaces need to be trafficked after a short time
Not quite what you’re looking for? Click here to browse more of our Mapei range.
Want to see how Mapei Keraflex Maxi and other Mapei products have been used? Click here to view a range of Mapei Projects.