Mapei Kerapoxy – Two-component acid-resistant epoxy grout
Mapei Kerapoxy – Two-component acid-resistant epoxy grout (available in multiple colours) for joints of at least 3 mm. The product can also be used as an adhesive. Kerapoxy is a two-component, epoxy-resin based product with silica sand and special components, with excellent resistance to acids and excellent cleanability. This is a product with very low emission of volatile organic compounds and is classified Emicode EC1 R Plus by GEV when used for grouting. The following features are obtained when used correctly:
- Excellent mechanical and chemical resistance, therefore excellent durability.
- A smooth final surface with low water absorption, therefore easy to clean; ensures hygiene.
- Easy workability and finishing. • Becomes very hard and is highly resistant to heavy traffic.
- No shrinkage, therefore absence of cracks and fissures.
- Uniform colours that are resistant to ultra-violet rays and atmospheric agents.
- Excellent bonding.
Indoor and outdoor grouting of ceramic tile and natural stone floors and walls. Also suitable for acid-resistant bonding and rapid setting of ceramic tiles, stone materials, fibre-cement, concrete and any other building material on all types of substrates normally used in construction. Kerapoxy allows you to create floors, walls and worktops, etc. in compliance with the HACCP system and the requirements of EC Regulation No. 852/2004 regarding hygiene and
Some application examples
- Grouting floors and walls in the food industry, shops and areas where hygiene is required
Grouting industrial floors and walls, where high mechanical resistance and resistance to acid attack is required.
- Grouting swimming pools; particularly suitable for basins containing salt or thermal water.
- Grouting tanks containing aggressive chemicals (purification plants, etc.).
- Grouting ceramic tiles on laboratory benches, kitchen work surfaces, etc.
- Acid-resistant bonding of tiles (used as an adhesive in compliance with class R2T specification according to EN 12004 standard).
- Bonding marble doorsteps and windowsills.
- Bonding tiles in plastic reinforced by fibre glass swimming pools.
- Bonding special pieces of tiles
Not quite what you’re looking for? Click here to browse more of our Mapei range.
Want to see how Mapei Kerapoxy and other Mapei products have been used? Click here to view a range of Mapei Projects.