Mapei Mapegrout Fast Set – Fibre-reinforced mortar for concrete repair
Mapei Mapegrout Fast Set – Fibre-reinforced mortar for concrete repair. Fast-setting and drying, shrinkage compensated. Mapegrout Fast-Set is a pre-blended powder made of special hydraulic binders, selected aggregates, special additives and synthetic fibres in a formula developed in Mapei’s Research Laboratories. Mixed with water, Mapegrout Fast-Set becomes an easily trowellable mortar with excellent thixotropic properties enabling it to be applied up to 2-2.5 cm thick on vertical surfaces without slump.
Mapegrout Fast-Set sets in 30 minutes and can be subjected to loads a few hours after application. Once hardened, Mapegrout Fast-Set has the following properties:
- High compressive and flexural strength;
- Excellent impermeability to water;
- Excellent adhesion to old concrete;
- Good resistance to wear.
Mapei Mapegrout Fast Set Uses
Repairing exterior vertical and horizontal deteriorated concrete surfaces.
Some application examples
- Restoration of deteriorated concrete structures, edges of pillars, beams, and balconies damaged by the oxidation of reinforcing rods.
- Fast repair of industrial concrete flooring.
- Sealing surface cracks (in all types of buildings) in concrete and cement renders.
- Fast smoothing of surface defects in concrete pour, such as aggregate bridging, shrinkage joints, formwork spacer holes, exposed rods, etc.
- Assembly of concrete pipes.
- Repair of damaged edges of concrete pipes.
- Pointing between bricks on structures to be waterproofed with Idrosilex Pronto
- Do not add more water to the mix after setting has begun in the attempt to make it trowellable again.
- Do not add cement, lime, gypsum or admixtures to Mapegrout Fast-Set.
- Do not use Mapegrout Fast-Set for restoration work to be done with plaster sprayers (use Mapegrout Thixotropic).
- Do not use Mapegrout Fast-Set for precision anchors (use Mapefill or Mapefill R).
- Do not apply Mapegrout Fast-Set to dry or dirty surfaces.
- Do not leave bags of Mapegrout Fast-Set exposed to direct sun before use.
- Do not apply Mapegrout Fast-Set if temperature is lower than +5°C.
- Do not use Mapegrout Fast-Set if the bag has been damaged or previously opened.
- After hardening, Mapegrout Fast-Set could change colour, therefore its use is not recommended when it is left as a façade finish
Not quite what you’re looking for? Click here to browse more of our Mapei range.
Want to see how Mapegrout Rapido and other Mapei products have been used? Click here to view a range of Mapei Projects.