Mapei Mapeker Rapid Set Flex – Cement-based rapid setting adhesive
Mapei Mapeker Rapid Set Flex – Cement-based rapid setting adhesive for interior and exterior floor and wall installations of ceramic and porcelain tiles and non-moisture sensitive natural stone. Mapeker Rapid-Set Flex is a powder composed of a mixture of special cements, selectively-graded aggregates, synthetic resins and setting accelerators that develop high bond strength only 3 hours after setting. For this reason floor and wall installations can be completed very quickly. Floors can be walked on after only 3 hours and are ready for general traffic after 24 hours. Mapeker Rapid-Set Flex when hardened is frost-proof and water resistant.
- Suitable for internal and external use
- Rapid setting – can accept foot traffic after as little as 3 hours
- Can accept general traffic after 24 hours
- Develops high bond strength after just 3 hours
- Frost proof and water resistant once hardened
Interior and exterior bonding of ceramic and porcelain tiles and mosaics and natural stone materials that are not sensitive to moisture. Use Mapeker Rapid-Set Flex white for the installation of light coloured natural stone. Spot bonding of insulating materials such as expanded polystyrene and polyurethane, gypsum board, glass and rock wool, wood-cement panels, formed-concrete blocks, sound-deadening panels etc.
Application examples of Mapei Mapeker Rapid Set Flex – Cement-based rapid setting adhesive
- Rapid installation or renovation in areas subjected to pedestrian traffic.
- Rapid repair work in bathrooms, showers, kitchens, terraces and balconies.
- Installing marble and other natural stone not sensitive to moisture.
- Rapid installation onto rigid plywood overlaid floors (min. 15 mm ply).
- Underfloor Heating Installations.
On walls or floors subject to flexing or vibration (wooden or cement-fibre boards, gypsum boards, cement boards etc.) use a highly flexible adhesive (for example Keraquick mixed with Latex Plus).
- Mechanically abrade anhydrite screeds and prime with Eco Prim T or Primer G
- On gypsum boards use flexible adhesives (for example Mapegrip D2 / Keraflex)
- On gypsum walls or gypsum plasters, apply a coat of Primer G before fixing with cement-based adhesives.
- On metal surfaces use Keralastic
- For bonding expanded polystyrene insulating panels with a protective film use Mapegrip D2
- Plywood overlaid floors must use a minimum of 15 mm WBP or marine grade plywood and be fixed at maximum 300 mm centres in all directions to provide a rigid substrate
- Not suitable for use on plywood direct to joists or for floating floors
Not quite what you’re looking for? Click here to browse more of our Mapei range.
Want to see how Mapeker Rapid Set and other Mapei products have been used? Click here to view a range of Mapei Projects.