Mapei P980 1K – One Component Polyurethane Adhesive
Mapei P980 1K – One Component Polyurethane Adhesive. Ultrabond P980 1K is a one-component, solventfree polyurethane adhesive with no amines or epoxy resin, with a very low emission level of volatile organic compounds (EMICODE EC1 R Plus). The product has been developed in Mapei’s own research laboratories
Where to use:
Bonding pre-finished, multi-layered parquet, preassembled work-tops and all shapes and types of multi-layered elements on any kind of substrate. Particularly suitable for heated substrates. Odourless and completely free of solvents and free amines, may be used by installers allergic to epoxy-polyurethane products.
Some application examples:
Ultrabond P980 1K is used for bonding pre-finished, multi-layered parquet elements on cementitious screeds, screeds made using Mapecem, Mapecem Pronto, Topcem, Topcem Pronto and similar products, old wooden floors, ceramic, marble, terrazzo, etc., and anhydrite screeds. Also suitable for heating substrates.
- Before laying, make sure all rooms have windows or other suitable sealing systems.
- The level of humidity in the screed must be according to current norms and regulations for laying wood, indicated in the Technical Data Sheet of the parquet.
- If the substrate is not completely dry, or if the humidity is higher than the required level, we recommend applying a coat of suitable waterproofing primer, such as Eco Prim PU 1K, Primer MF, etc.
- If there is a risk of rising damp, a vapour barrier must be laid before installing the screed.
- Do not use Ultrabond P980 1K at temperatures lower than +10°C or higher than +25°C.
- Only lay floors if the walls and floors in the room are completely dry
Not quite what you’re looking for? Click here to browse more of our Mapei range.
Want to see how Mapei P980 1K and other Mapei products have been used? Click here to view a range of Mapei Projects.