Mapei Ultrabond P990 1K – Moisture curing, resin-based adhesive
Mapei Ultrabond P990 1K – Moisture curing, resin-based adhesive. Ultrabond P990 1K is a moisture curing, polyurethane resin-based adhesive, produced using technology developed in Mapei’s own laboratories, with the following characteristics:
• ready-to-use one-component product, does not require catalyser and successive mixing. If stored correctly, leftover quantities of the product may be used at a later date;
• suitable for floor-layers allergic to epoxy-polyurethaneproducts;
• easy to apply, even at low temperatures;
• 30% higher yield compared with conventional two component products, thanks to the low viscosity and easy to trowel of the adhesive when applied by trowel, even at low temperatures;
• excellent rib stability and excellent buttering on the back of tiles;
• extremely low expansion, parquet remains flat after laying;
• does not contain solvents or substances which give off unpleasant odours;
• low environmental impact, certified by the GEV (EC1 R Plus) Institut as a product with extremely low emission levels of volatile organic compounds.
Bonding all size and formats of jointed, pre-finished solid wood parquet with a ply backing. We advise against laying varnished, pre-finished solid wood in the lower part or traditional solid parquet without tongue and groove.
Some application examples:
Ultrabond P990 1K is used for bonding pre-finished, lamparquet, pin-wheels and jointed planks on: cementitious screeds; screeds made using Mapecem, Mapecem Pronto, Topcem, Topcem Pronto and similar products; old wooden floors; ceramic, marble, etc.; anhydrite screeds. Suitable for heated floors.
Recommendations when using Mapei Ultrabond P990 1K – Moisture curing, resin-based adhesive:
• Before laying, make sure all rooms have suitable windows or other sealing systems.
• The humidity level in the screed must be according to current norms and standards.
• If the substrate is not completely dry, or if the humidity is higher than the recommended level, we recommend applying a coat of suitable waterproofing primer, such as Eco Prim PU 1K, Primer MF, Primer MF EC Plus, etc.
• If there is a risk of rising damp, a vapour barrier must be laid before installing the screed.
• The humidity level in the wood must be according to current norms and standards.
• Do not lay if the temperature is lower than +10°C or higher than +35°C.
• Only lay floors if the walls and floors in the room are completely dry.
• In particularly dry weather, the hardening time of the product is longer.
• Do not let the product come into contact with fresh two-component epoxy-primer, otherwise it will deteriorate.
• Non-absorbent surfaces such as ceramic and marble must be sanded or cleaned and then treated with Primer M.
• Apply a coat Primer M on metallic surfaces
Not quite what you’re looking for? Click here to browse more of our Mapei range.
Want to see how Mapei Ultrabond P990 1K and other Mapei products have been used? Click here to view a range of Mapei Projects.