Mapei Ultrabond S965 1K – For bonding pre-finished elements
Mapei Ultrabond S965 1K – For bonding pre-finished elements lamparquet, slats, planks and all types of parquet on: cementitious screeds; screeds made using Mapecem, Mapecem Pronto, Topcem, Topcem Pronto and similar products; old wooden floors; ceramic, marble, etc.; anhydrite screeds. Also suitable for heated substrates. Ultrabond S965 1K is a one-component sililate polymer adhesive with no water, solvents, amines, isocyanates or epoxy resin with a very low emission level of volatile organic compounds (EMICODE EC1 R Plus).
The product has been developed in Mapei’s own research laboratories and has the following characteristics:
• ready-to-use one-component product, does not require catalyser and successive mixing. If stored correctly, leftover quantities of the product may be used at a later date;
• extended open time;
• completely free of solvents and isocyanates;
• suitable for floor-layers allergic to epoxy and epoxy-polyurethane products;
• GEV certified as EMICODE EC1 R Plus (very low emission level of volatile organic compounds);
• no hazard or warning labels are required on the packaging;
• easy to apply and excellent straight line hold;
• thanks to its low viscosity and free-flowing capacity when trowel-applied, it has a 20-30% higher yield than traditional two-component products;
• easy to remove from hands and pre-finished wood
• Bonding all types and shape of parquet and prefinished wooden floors.
• Bonding teak on external surfaces.
Recommendations when using Mapei Ultrabond S965 1K – For bonding pre-finished elements:
- Before laying, make sure all rooms have suitable windows or other sealing systems.
- The level of humidity in the screed must be according to current norms and regulations for laying wood, indicated in the Technical Data Sheet of the parquet.
- If the substrate is not completely dry, or if the humidity is higher than the recommended level, we recommend applying a coat of suitable waterproofing primer, such as Eco Prim PU 1K, Eco Prim PU 1K Turbo, Primer MF, Primer MF EC Plus, etc.
- If there is a risk of rising damp, a vapour barrier must be laid before installing the screed.
- Do not use Ultrabond S965 1K at temperatures lower than +10°C or higher than +35°C
Applying Mapei Ultrabond S965 1K – For bonding pre-finished elements:
Apply the adhesive on the substrate using a Mapei notched trowel for wood. Wood has to be laid within approximately 90 minutes under normal conditions (+23°C, 50% R.H.). If adhesive from a previously opened pack is used, open the packaging and remove the surface skin before application. The surface skin helps conserve the remaining quantity of the product.
Not quite what you’re looking for? Click here to browse more of our Mapei range.
Want to see how Mapei Ultrabond S965 and other Mapei products have been used? Click here to view a range of Mapei Projects.