Ronafix Prepacked Underfloor Heating Screed 40mm Plus
Ronafix Prepacked Underfloor Heating Screed 40mm Plus. Ronafix Pre-packed Underfloor Heating Screed is supplied as a pre-packed, ready to use mortar for laying floor screeds on underfloor heating systems. It is supplied complete as a bag of dry components and a bottle of polymer gauging liquid.
- Conforms to BS EN 13813
- For use with underfloor heating systems
- High early strength and fast drying allows earlier commissioning of heating systems
- 40mm minimum thickness with 16mm diameter heating pipes
- Requires only 20mm cover over heating pipes
- Ready for foot traffic after 24 hours
- Rapid drying—can receive floor coverings such as vinyl, tiles and carpet after 10 days @ 50mm thick
- Excellent resistance to passage of water and water vapour
Mixing – Ronafix Pre-packed Underfloor Heating Screed must be mixed by forced action mixer such as a Baron or CreteAngle mixer. Free fall mixers must not be used. Mix for approximately 3 minutes. Over mixing will entrain air which may reduce performance. Once mixed the mortar should be used as quickly as possible.
Placing – As soon as the mortar is mixed, it should be placed onto the substrate, compacted, ruled and closed with a float or trowel. Avoid overworking the surface, this will increase the tackiness of the mortar. The float should be regularly washed, to prevent build up of polymer/cement paste. Thicker screeds may be applied in two layers, wet on wet to aid compaction. Layers should be of approximately equal thickness. The base layer should be raked after compaction. To ensure satisfactory adhesion the lower layer should be raked to provide a key for the next layer. Should an intermediate layer begin to harden, a priming coat must be applied before application of the next layer.
Not quite what you’re looking for? Click here to browse more of our Ronacrete range.
Want to see how Ronafi Prepacked Underfloor Heating Screed and other Ronacrete products have been used? Click here to view a range of Ronacrete Projects.