Tilemaster Silicone 3000 – Mould Resistant Silicone Sealant
Tilemaster Silicone 3000 – Mould Resistant Silicone Sealant is a premium solvent free, highly flexible and high performance silicone sealant for walls and floors. Silicone 3000+ is a neutral cure and non-staining silicone sealant which means it is suitable for use with sensitive natural stones such as granite and marble*. Silicone 3000+ contains advanced Anti-Mould technology that will protect against mould growth when in use. The Silicone 3000+ colour range has been specifically developed to compliment the Grout 3000 colour range and all colours of grout have a matching silicone.
Tilemaster Silicone 3000 Uses
Silicone 3000+ has two main areas of use:
• For sealing joints between sanitary ware and ceramic, porcelain and natural stone tiles in bathrooms, kitchens, showers and wet rooms in both domestic and commercial environments.
• For sealing movement joints in wall and floor tiling.
Silicone 3000+ is a neutral cure sealant with excellent adhesion properties and it is suitable for use on a large variety of surfaces including ceramic, glass, porcelain, natural stone, PVC and wood. When cured Silicone 3000+ is highly flexible and will accommodate movement between two surfaces. Silicone 3000+ is waterproof and it is ideal for use in areas subject to prolonged wet conditions e.g. showers, wet rooms etc. Silicone 3000+ is very easy to apply, smooth and clean off and it is suitable for interior and exterior use.Preparation of the substrate: Before starting, all substrates must be clean, dry and free from dust, dirt, oil, grease and other contaminants that may affect adhesion.
Application of the product: For internal use the recommended minimum joint depth is 6mm.
- Cut off the tip of the Silicone 3000+ cartridge, ensuring the screw-thread is left intact.
- Screw on the nozzle and cut the nozzle tip to a 45º angle with the nozzle diameter equal to the joint width.
- Place the Silicone 3000+ cartridge in a caulking gun and apply a steady bead of silicone sealant to the required area.
- Within 10 – 15 minutes of applying the Silicone 3000+, smooth the sealant with a wet jointing trowel, or finger dipped in soapy water.
- Allow the Silicone 3000+ to cure. Allow at least 3 days before contact with water.
Not quite what you’re looking for? Click here to browse more of our Tilemaster Adhesives range.
Learn more about Tilemaster Adhesives here.