Uzin Tackifier – For PVC and textile floor coverings
Uzin Tackifier – For PVC and textile floor coverings. Very low-emission, water-soluble dispersion tackifier. Uzin Universalfixierung NEU is a water-soluble dispersion tackifier, that can easily be applied with a roller or a notch trowel. The product fixes and can later be removed from used floor coverings. For interior use. Uzin Universalfixierung NEU offers water detachability and allows to remove flooring and adhesive residues easier when renovating the floor.
Composition: Modified polyacrylate copolymers with adhesion strength-reinforcing resins.
- Application with roller or notch trowel
- Suitable for wet or dry bonding
- Ideal alternative to loose-lay
- EMICODE EC 1 PLUS / Very low emission
- RAL-UZ 113 / Environmentally compatible because of very low emission
As a tackifier:
- For textile floor coverings with latex-, fleece- and PVC foam-backings
- For PVC and CV floor coverings, also with textile fleece backings
- On smooth, absorbent and levelled substrates
- On warm water underfloor heating system
- For normal wear in residential locations
- Apply the tackifier evenly onto the substrate using a foam roller. On screeded surfaces, use a course foam, and on smooth, non-absorbent surfaces use a fine foam. For coarse backings use an A2, A3 or A4 notched trowel.
- On absorbent substrates, install the floor covering into the wet coating of tackifier and rub over the entire surface. The removal of the adhesive from absorbent or coarse surfaces is generally difficult. This can be improved if the surface is primed with a thin coat of Uzin PE 360 before applying the tackifier.
- On non-absorbent, dense substrates, e.g. existing floor coverings, allow a few minutes to dry until the tackifier feels tacky or until it is completely transparent, then install the covering and rub down.
- After a short time, firmly rub or roll the covering again, especially over seams and cross-joints.
- Clean off any adhesive contamination whilst still wet using water.
- The higher the consumption, the greater the work of removing the coat of tackifier. Therefore, the rule applies: as much as is necessary, as little as possible
All information on surface preparation, consumption and other important product details can be found on the technical datasheet,
Not quite what you’re looking for? View our full range of Uzin products here.
Learn more about Uzin here.