Mapei Mapefibre NS12 – Polypropylene fibres for concrete, 12mm long
Mapei Mapefibre NS12 – Polypropylene fibres for concrete, 12mm long. Mapefibre NS12 are 100% virgin mono-filament polypropylene fibres which are resistant to alkalis and which do not absorb water. They have been specially developed to reduce the formation of cracks induced by hygrometric shrinkage of the concrete at the fresh and hardened stages. The special “mono-filament” formation makes their distribution and position within the concrete mix easier, so that they are distributed uniformly, to create a particularly strong matrix which is resistant to the stresses induced by the setting and hardening process.
Mapefibre NS12 are particularly suitable for the following:
- Production of concrete used for industrial floors, airport forecourts and multi-storey car-parks;
- Production of pre-cast reinforced concrete panels and pipes and concrete sections;
- Production of fire-resistant concrete
It is also necessary to ensure that the design of the concrete mix is correct to prevent cracking phenomenon, and that curing of the concrete is carried out accordingly to avoid sudden evaporation of the water from the surface of the cast concrete.
Mapefibre NS12 are compatible with other admixtures used in the production of high-quality concrete, and especially with:
- Acrylic-based super-plasticising agents from the Dynamon range, for an improved mix design, consistency and maintenance of workability;
- Mapecure range curing surface films, for correct curing of the concrete;
- Mapecrete System, innovative technology used in the production of concrete with volumetric stability;
- Mapeform Eco and DMA stripping compounds, used for stripping concrete from moulds
Not quite what you’re looking for? Click here to browse more of our Mapei range.
Want to see how Mapefibre NS12 and other Mapei products have been used? Click here to view a range of Mapei Projects.