Mapei Mapeguard WP200 – Waterproofing and decoupling membrane
Mapei Mapeguard WP200 – Waterproofing and decoupling membrane. Mapeguard W P 200 is a flexible, thin-layer, waterproof isolating sheet of polyethylene, coated on both sides with a non – woven polypropylene fabric. The non – woven fabric ensures a relevant bond strength of the adhesive between the membrane and the substrate / covering.
- High tensile strength
- High tensile bond strength adhesive connection with tile adhesives
- Alkali – resistant
Mapei Mapeguard WP200 Uses
Waterproofing and decoupling membrane, made of soft polyethylene, for direct application under ceramic and natural stone tiles with thin – set mortar.
Some application examples for Mapeguard W P 200
- Mapeguard W P 200 is a bonded waterproofing and decoupling membrane used in wet and damp areas in residential and commercial buildings such as domestic and hotel bathrooms, private or commercial showers, whorls of swimming pools and small size balcons;
- Waterproofing membrane on moisture – sensitive substrates (such as gypsum plasters and gypsum fiber boards, calcium sulphate screeds) and mineral surfaces (such as cement plaster, porous concrete, concrete, cement screed, cement – based panels).
- Do not use Mapeguard W P 200 if the environmental temperature is lower than + 5 ° C.
- The use of Mapeguard W P 200 as a decoupling membrane does not avoid the need of movement joints.
- Mapeguard W P 200 is not permanent U V – resistant and so it has to be covered with a ceramic or natural stone.
- All the in force national peculiarities and guidelines have to be observed.
- Do not apply any smoothing layer after the bonding of Mapeguard W P 200
Not quite what you’re looking for? Click here to browse more of our Mapei range.
Want to see how Mapeguard W P 200 and other Mapei products have been used? Click here to view a range of Mapei Projects.