Mapei Keraflex – High performance cementitious adhesive
Mapei Keraflex – High performance cementitious adhesive with no vertical slip and extended open time for ceramic tiles and stone material. Keraflex is a grey or white powder composed of cement and graded aggregates. It contains a high quantity of synthetic resins and special admixtures created according to a formula developed in MapeiI’s research laboratories. A mortar with the following features is obtained when mixed with water:
- Easily workable;
- Highly thixotropic: Keraflex can be applied on a vertical surface without slumping or letting the tiles slip, even for heavy tiles. Tiles can be installed from the top towards the bottom without using spacer pegs;
- Perfect adherence to all materials normally used in building;
- Hardens without appreciable shrinkage;
- Extended open time.
Mapei Keraflex Uses
Interior and exterior bonding of ceramic tiles (single fired, double-fired, porcelain tiles, terracotta, klinker, etc.) stone materials and mosaics of every type on floors, walls and ceilings. Also suitable for spot bonding of insulating materials such as expanded polystyrene, rock and glass wool, Eraclit® (wood-cement panels), sound-deadening/reduction panels, etc.
Some application examples
Bonding ceramic tiles (double fired, single fired, porcelain, clay tiles, klinker, etc.), stone materials and mosaics on the following substrates:
- Cement or mortar wall renders;
- Interior aerated concrete block walls;
- Gypsum or anhydrite after having first applied Primer G;
- Gypsum board;
- Underfloor heated installations;
- Cement screeds, as long as they are sufficiently cured and dry;
- Interior painted walls, as long as the paint is firmly anchored; Keraflex
- Waterproofed membranes for Mapelastic or Mapegum WPS line.
- Tile on tile of existing flooring.
- Bonding small sized tiles in swimming pools and basins.
- Bonding floors subject to heavy stress
Not quite what you’re looking for? Click here to browse more of our Mapei range.
Want to see how Mapei Keraflex and other Mapei products have been used? Click here to view a range of Mapei Projects.