Mapei Ultratop Base Coat is specifically formulated to be used as a base coat before applying transparent protective finishes from the Ultratop, Ultratop Living and Ultratop Loft coating systems.
Mapei Ultratop Base Coat is a one-component, transparent acrylic formulation in water dispersion according to a formula
developed in the MAPEI R&D laboratories and is used as a base coat to even out absorption and seal pores before
applying transparent protective finishes from the Mapefloor Finish range on Ultratop, Ultratop Living and Ultratop Loft
· The product is supplied ready to use; do not dilute before use.
· Do not leave excess material on the surface of the substrate during application.
· Wait until the product has completely hardened (approx. 3 hours at +23°C) before applying the next protective
· Do not apply Ultratop Base Coat on dusty, damp or dirty surfaces or on surfaces with stains that could affect adhesion of
the product to the substrate.
· Protect Ultratop Base Coat from frost. Do not apply if the temperature is lower than +12°C and make sure the
temperature of the substrate is at least 3°C above dew-point.
50-80 g/m², depending on the porosity and absorption of the substrate.