CMS Bond 100 – Water based, high performance acoustic adhesive
CMS Bond 100 – Water based, high performance acoustic adhesive. It is suitable for plasticized vinyl ﬂoor coverings (including PVC Tiles) together with high density foam backed carpets. CMS Bond 100 is solvent free, with low VOC.
- Suitable sub-ﬂooring substrates include concrete, ﬂooring grade hardboard, plywood, chipboard, sand/cement screed, proprietary good quality self-smoothing underlayments. Asphalt and surface membranes should be treated with at least a 3mm coating of the latter before applying adhesive.
- Site conditions should comply with the latest British Standards editions: BS 8102 (Code of Practice for protection against moisture from the ground), BS 8203 (Code of Practice for installation of resilient ﬂoor coverings), BS 5325 (Code of Practice for installation of textile ﬂoor coverings), BS 8204 part 1 (Code of Practice for installation of self levelling screeding compounds), and supplementary speciﬁcations.
- Surfaces must be level, ﬁrm and clean, free of loose material, mould, oil, grease, organic growth and surface moisture (under 75% RH).
- Uneven, dusty or friable surfaces should be treated with the appropriate universal primer and screed.
- It is essential that suitable damp proof membranes be in place to prevent rising damp.
- Under ﬂoor heating should be turned off for at least 48 hrs prior to and after application.
- Particular attention must be paid to the ﬂoor covering manufacturer’s instructions. i.e. any pre storage conditions prior to ﬁtting.
- Use a notched trowel of dimensions 1.5mm x 5mm or as CFA guidelines.
- Heavy textured ﬂoor coverings may require a larger trowel.
- Apply adhesive evenly to the substrate and depending on the substrates lay the ﬂoor covering while still wet. It is best to allow the freshly applied adhesive to stand for 15-45 minutes depending on the ambient conditions, to build tack before embedding the ﬂoor covering.
- Press ﬁrmly into place and roll using a 60/70Kg roller or glider depending on material used. Roll again approximately 1 hr after application.
- Wait at least 24 hrs before welding vinyl seams.
Not quite what you’re looking for? View the full Regupol range here.