Mapei Mapeflex PU45 – One component polyurethane sealant
Mapei Mapeflex PU45 – One component polyurethane sealant. Rapid-hardening, paintable, thixotropic polyurethane sealant and adhesive with a high modulus of elasticity. Mapeflex PU45 is a one component, thixotropic, easyto-apply polyurethane-based sealant and adhesive with a high modulus of elasticity, made according to a formula developed in MAPEI’s own R&D laboratories and meets the requirements of ISO 11600 class F20 HM. Solvent-free, odourless with a low impact on the environment, Mapeflex PU45 is certified as EC1 R as a product with very low emission of volatile organic compounds.
Mapeflex PU45 complies with Euronorm EN 15651-1 (“Sealants for façade elements”) with performance rating F-EXT-INT CC and EN 15651-4 (“Sealants for pedestrian walkways”) with performance rating PW-EXT-INT-CC.
Mapeflex PU45 hardens following its reaction with atmospheric humidity and its special characteristics offers a guarantee of long service life. It may be used on both horizontal and vertical surfaces. The product is ready to use and is available in both metal cartridges and soft cartridges equipped with a special extrusion gun, which makes the product particularly easy to use. The consistency of the product is ideal for quick application and its rapid-hardening characteristics (approx. 3 mm every 24 hours) allows the surface to be put into service quickly with resulting economic advantages. We recommend using elastomeric paint such as Elastocolor Paint after treating the surface of the sealant with Colorite Performance. Always carry out preliminary tests to make sure the sealant and paint are compatible.
Mapeflex PU45 has been specially developed for sealing expansion and distribution joints in horizontal and vertical surfaces, including those which are subject to occasional chemical attack provoked by hydrocarbons. It is also recommended for flexible bonds between similar and different materials most commonly used in the building industry for both internal and external applications and as a replacement or to integrate mechanical fasteners.
Recommendations for using Mapei Mapeflex PU45 – One component polyurethane sealant
- Do not use on dusty or flaky surfaces.
- Do not use on damp surfaces.
- Do not use to seal joints in stone and marble: use Mapesil LM.
- Do not use on surfaces which are dirty with oil, grease or mould-stripping compounds, as the bonding could be compromised.
- Do not use on bituminous surfaces where the bleeding of oil may be present.
- Do not apply Mapeflex PU45 if the temperature is below +5°C.
- Do not contaminate the surface of the product with alcohol while still wet to prevent affecting its correct polymerisation
Application examples of Mapei Mapeflex PU45 – One component polyurethane sealant
- Sealing expansion and distribution joints subject to movements up to 20% of the average width of the joint in:
- Industrial floors subject to vehicular traffic, including heavy vehicles
- Concrete floors for internal and external car-parks, supermarkets, shopping centres and warehouses
- Ceramic flooring and coatings, including in areas subject to intense traffic such as supermarkets and industrial environments where fork-lifts are in use
- Concrete walls and general internal and external vertical structures where the use of a thixotropic product is required
- Old concrete floors which are to be covered with a Mapefloor System.
- Sealing cracks
- Sealing pipe-work systems for air-conditioning and electric cables.
- Sealing sheet-steel sections, such as flashing and guttering.
- Sealing general fillet joints
- Used as an adhesive at thicknesses up to 3 mm: The high bonding characteristics and rapid-hardening properties of Mapeflex PU45 make it suitable for joining various materials and for bonding on a wide range of substrate materials.
- Mapeflex PU45 may be used to bond most building materials, for example cement and cement-based products, cellular concrete, bricks, steel, copper, aluminium, general pre-painted surfaces, glass, mirrors, gypsum, wood and wood-based materials, ceramics, clinker, insulating material, plastics such as PVC, acrylic glass and fibreglass.
If Mapeflex PU45 is used to form flexible bonds, it is a multi-purpose product for constructing and finishing building works such as:
- tinwork and flashing;
- skirting boards, cable beads, beading rods and corner guards;
- pre-formed decorative elements;
- bathroom fittings;
- window sills;
- roofing tiles, concave roofing tiles, covering panels and insulation panels
Not quite what you’re looking for? Click here to browse more of our Mapei range.
Want to see how Mapeflex PU45 and other Mapei products have been used? Click here to view a range of Mapei Projects.