Mapei Keralastic T – Two-component polyurethane adhesive
Mapei Keralastic T – Two-component polyurethane adhesive, high performance for use with ceramic tiles and stone material. Keralastic T is a two-component, solvent and water free adhesives which are flexible and waterproof. They are made up of a polyurethane base (component A) and a special hardener (component B). On mixing the two components together, the result is a paste with the following properties:
- Good workability;
- Excellent durability and resistant to ageing;
- Perfect adhesion to all surfaces used in building;
- Hardens by chemical reaction without shrinkage (until it becomes highly resistant);
- High deformability;
- In the case of Keralastic T, highly thixotropic: it can be applied vertically without slump and without letting even heavy or large tiles slip. The slipping strength is in compliance with EN 1308.
Mapei Keralastic T Uses
Indoor and outdoor, bonding of wall and floor ceramic tiles, stone material and mosaics of all types on: screeds, renders, concrete, asphalt, wood, metal, PVC, reinforced polyester, asbestos-cement, gypsum, gypsum board, gypsum panels, etc.
Some application examples
- Bonding ceramic tiles, stone material and all types of mosaics in showers and on sheets used for prefabricated bathrooms.
- Bonding ceramic tiles and mosaics on wooden work surfaces or in kitchens in order to achieve a waterproof substrate.
- Bonding ceramic tiles, stone material and mosaics on balconies, external terraces domes or flat roofs subject to foot traffic.
- Bonding natural stones and reconstructed stone (marble of every type, slate, etc.) also subject to movement and size variation due to the absorption of water
- Bonding ceramic tiles and stone material on surfaces subject to vibrations and deflections.
- Do not use on very damp surfaces or where there is a risk of rising damp.
- The packs are pre-measured, therefore mixing errors are impossible. Do not use partial quantities. A wrong mixing ratio could cause damage during the curing process.
- Use the products in temperatures between +10°C and +30°C.
- In case of use on surfaces subject to continuous immersion in water, consult the Mapei Technical Services Department beforehand.
- Do not use Keralastic T to bond transparent glass materials.
Not quite what you’re looking for? Click here to browse more of our Mapei range.
Want to see how Mapei Keralastic T and other Mapei products have been used? Click here to view a range of Mapei Projects.