Ardex Rapidlay Isolating Membrane
Ardex Rapidlay Isolating Membrane is a specially coated and patterned fibreglass reinforced sheet underlay designed to overcome the problems sometimes encountered in laying floorcoverings, particularly sheet vinyl flooring, over new or old sub-floors in domestic and light commercial areas.
- It provides a continuous base which is stable and resistant to damp
- It cuts down laying time as there is no need to wait for the normal subfloor drying times
- It is dimensionally stable
- Quick installation can be achieved as it is a sheet system
- Allows for a new temporary floor to be laid over an existing floor (without potential adhesive damage on uplifting)
- Low VOC and solvent free product
Ardex Rapidlay Isolating Membrane Uses
Ardex Rapidlay Membrane can be laid over a variety of surfaces, such as old sub-floors, vinyl flooring, ceramic tiling, sheet metal, sub-floors contaminated with oil or paint, or damp sub-floors. It can also be used over asphalt sub-floors.
- Screed or concrete substrates where construction moisture has not fully dried out (max. 5% moisture content, 92% RH)
- Anhydrite Screeds with a maximum of 2%moisture content (carbide method)
- Areas where sub-floors have been exposed to water spillage
- Old sub-floors which do not contain a fully functioning damp proof membrane
- Over old, soundly fixed flooring when a temporary covering is to be applied (without adhesive)
- Suitable for use on heated concrete or cement/sand screeds up to 27ºC maximum temperature
Not quite what you’re looking for? Click here to browse more of our Ardex range.
Want to see how Ardex Rapidlay Membrane has been used? Click here to view a range of Ardex Projects.